We are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to join our Materials Team. The incumbent will manage materials from part inception through obsolescence by utilizing systems/tools to facilitate proper inventory levels (plan for every part) in order to meet Customer demand. Responsibilities will include supporting supplier risk mitigation actions as outlined by department manager, negotiating price & delivery with vendors, and monitoring supplier delivery and quality performance through the use of LEAN activities to drive supplier optimization.
- Maintain and review appropriate stocking levels (SS/ROP/MOQ), L/T’s, pricing and costs for purchased materials (assigned), while maintaining appropriate inventory levels and driving high inventory turns.
- Review, quote and order material requirements through designated workbench within ERP System
- Oversee other purchasing actions and/or reports such as Past Dues, Expedites, pull-ins, New item set ups, ECN’s, etc. as it relates to buyer spend.
- Purchase items to meet MRP for customer demand including service/spare parts orders.
- Achieve improved pricing and reduced lead time through Kaizen initiatives in alignment with business objectives.
- Regular reviews of Vendor performance metrics to resolve vendor delivery and/or quality issues, including OTD, NCR’s (rejections), SCAR’s (corrective actions), Supplier Audits, etc.
- Drive suppliers to utilize lean manufacturing concepts by setting up and operating a pull system environment (Kanban) or other VMI tools.
- Help resolve purchasing problems with other departments (Accounting, Receiving, Production, Sales, Engineering, R&D, and Service) such as conformance to quality, designs, material scheduling, receiving, and pricing disputes.
- Exercise continuous improvement opportunities: Anticipate and react to the changing conditions that require decisions, action and/or problem solving, that directly affects purchased parts.
- Review/Analyze Data (daily, weekly, monthly) to drive pro-active responses as it relates to materials management criteria.
- Collaborate with Engineering to Complete New Item Set ups for Vendor/Quotes and Pricing information
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working in a purchasing function; manufacturing environment preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and its use in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong Negotiations and Supplier Collaboration Skills
- LEAN concepts, tools and knowledge
- Ability to react and respond to high volume emails (internally & externally), in a timely manner
- Knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Capability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Background/Knowledge of Stocking Agreements
- Occasional travel may be required
Our reward package consists of a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits, including a 401K with a generous match.
If you would like to work for a well-established, people-oriented organization in the industrial process control industry, we would like to hear from you.
No agencies please. Rexa will only employee those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We do not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to be able to fully participate in the applications process, please contact [email protected]