We are seeking an experienced CNC Programmer to join our Machine Shop team. The CNC Programmer is responsible for the programming of multi-axis CNC Milling and lathe equipment, including but not limited to, Vertical & Horizontal Machining Centers utilizing Mastercam.
- Read and review technical drawings and import 2D and 3D CAD drawings into Mastercam.
- Create programs in Mastercam using 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations in Mastercam.
- Determine the correct sequence of operations that will be programed for the machines.
- Consider tools required to cut particular materials; review with tool administrator any special tooling that will be needed to make sure tools needed are in-house.
- Use computer software to program and choose the correct tools, cutting paths, feed and speeds for the machines.
- Simplify tool lists to increase productivity for the machines.
- Create clear and detailed instructions in the programs for the machinists.
- Modify existing programs for increased efficiency.
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve program problems at machine.
- Work closely with the supervisor and the machinist to optimize and work through issues that may arise.
- Maintain setup picture library folder.
- Make recommendations to the designers and engineers for product enhancements and manufactory efficiency.
- May need to setup tools, set part zero, tool offsets, holding devises and prove out a new program at the machine until completion of 1st piece inspection.
- May need to create a 2D and 3D model within Mastercam to make fixturing for the machines.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or GED; Vocational School preferred
- Mastercam Associate Certification preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of Mastercam programming experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing Solidworks to import programs into Mastercam
- 7+ years’ experience of operating CNC machines in a work environment
- Ability to program multi-axis CNC Milling and lathe equipment, including but not limited to Vertical & Horizontal Machining using MasterCam
- Must have great computer programming skills
- Proficient user of Mastercam
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical or logistical problems
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and closely follow directions
- Good time management skills, listening and verbal communication skills
- Available to work overtime
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
We offer competitive pay and full benefits; including health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick time and 401K with a generous company match.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to be able to fully participate in the applications process, please contact [email protected]