Field Service Technician – West Bridgewater
We are seeking an Aftermarket Service Technician to perform on-site and in-house service and repairs on a variety of electro-hydraulic actuators.
This is a salary, non-exempt position. Our Field Service Technicians get paid at least 40 hours regardless of actual number of hours on assignment during any given week, and are eligible for overtime pay for any hours worked over 40. They also receive a Company vehicle, cell phone, credit card and laptop.
- Conducts on-site installation and startup assistance
- Performs on-site/in-house troubleshooting, repair, modification and upgrade for our basic products.
- Distributes service report to local sales representative and factory personnel.
- Completes site service and shop repairs reports
- Communicates troubleshooting and repair information by phone/e-mail.
- Arranges timely shipment of repair parts as needed.
- Maintains a customer and technical database for service and monitor trends and writes service reports
- Provide analysis reports to assist quality department in identifying root cause for electrical/hydraulic failures.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate in Instrumentation & Electrical Technology and minimum of 2 years industrial process experience.
- Ability to understand electrical and hydraulic systems, fluid flow and industrial applications
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot hydraulic components, 4-20mA control systems strong
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Ability to read electrical/hydraulic schematics and use hand tools and test equipment
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite to ensure accurate and complete reporting. Experience with Apple iPad is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and under difficult conditions
- Excellent communication and organization skills; verbal and written
- Must have ability to travel for extended periods of time and be available to make arrangements and travel on short notice, both domestic and internationally.
- Must be able to be on call 24 hours a day while on active duty (normally two separate months out of the year).
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
We offer competitive pay and full benefits; including health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick time and 401K with a generous company match.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to be able to fully participate in the applications process, please contact [email protected]