Job Summary: Responsible to support various production areas with appropriate inventory materials in alignment with customer needs. Moves and store various materials within the stock room as well as production areas with a focus on lean opportunities to drive continuous improvement in the area of materials management. Main duties include: transporting parts to appropriate primary and/or secondary locations, recording inventory statuses to ensure item/location data is properly and consistently valid, consolidate storage of parts, as needed, and support inventory control processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This function reports to the Inventory Control Supervisor and will be responsible for moving receiving materials from Staging and transferring them into their next stock location within the site in accordance with ISO work instruction WI 7.4.3.
- Ensure accurate item #/qty information is recorded in appropriate locations responsible for proper identification (ensure all parts have been labeled at their lowest package qty)
- Enter location information for each item and update location information in ERP system as items move through the facility
- Assure product is consolidated during put away process and facilitate management of FIFO process
- Raise issues of inaccurate Items/Qty’s/Quality (cosmetics)
- Assure non-conforming/damaged material is quickly identified and isolated for disposition
- Facilitate regular ‘milk runs’ to production areas to ensure POU (point of use) parts are replenished based on min requirements for the appropriate area
- Collaborate with internal departments to locate items/parts shortages that may be impacting production, fix/update location labeling where needed to ensure it is aligned with data entered in the ERP system (Syteline)
- Supports tasks within the stock room where needed and based on customer requirements
- Assist in picking work orders and other tasks as needed
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Manufacturing Environment /Warehouse
Knowledge and skills
- Data entry, math and computer skills
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Certified forklift driver or ability to pass test
- Walking 100%
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled