Develops the actuator package in line with the order specification. Scope of work includes creating all drawings, designing the adaptation hardware, adding customized accessories, generating a bill of materials and creating any instruction to the production floor.
Develop detailed layouts, mounting designs and drawings to meet customer order requirements
- Review and analyze customer order specifications
- Creates documents and quote drawings for sales purposes
- Processes Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Generate detailed documents and drawings for sales and assembly purposes
- Interfaces with Manufacturing to assist in the assembly and manufacturing of production orders
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or at least 5 years of experience as a mechanical designer
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, machine shop processes, manufacturing techniques and quality control strategies
- Good understanding of engineering materials and their fabrication processes, i.e. machining, sheet metal fabrication, broaching, lathe, casting, forging, wire edm, welding, etc.
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Projects
- Possesses good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to technically communicate and execute concepts and ideas with cross function team
Office environment. May be exposed to manufacturing activity. No strenuous physical work. Strict compliance with company safety policies. Occasional travel.