The purpose of this job is to coordinate all purchasing activities within the company. The Purchasing Coordinator has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that purchase orders reach the correct supplier in a complete and timely manner and that the purchase orders are properly filled, and goods/services are received timely.
- Place Purchase Orders with outside vendors through the Material Planner Workbench ERP System
- Facilitate Indirect Purchasing Requirements via PCard/Cr Card
- Run pull report (twice weekly) to expedite items needed in house sooner than requested
- Follow up on PO’s by getting confirmations, confirming ship dates, getting tracking numbers for all orders.
- Send monthly open order reports to vendors to confirm orders coming due are set to arrive on schedule.
- Assist quality department with any parts returns or items with NCR’s that need to be returned to vendors for repair, replacement or credit.
- Run monthly & quarterly vendor On Time Delivery & Quality Reports.
- Add new vendors into ERP system make sure that they meet ISO standards.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years of experience working in a purchasing function or manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office Word & Excel
- Service-oriented team players, with ability to interact effectively with employees and external vendors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Office environment with some exposure to manufacturing activity.
- No strenuous physical work.
- Strict compliance with company safety policies.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to be able to fully participate in the applications process, please contact [email protected]