Senior Buyer I
PURPOSE: Negotiates price & delivery with vendors to obtain quality part for production and spare parts orders. Monitors supplier on quality, price, and delivery performance. Uses MRP to control on-time delivery and cash flow. Leads use of IMADD Process in support of new items (plan for every part) and supports Supplier Risk Mitigation actions as outlined by department manager.
• Review, order and quote material requirements through designated workbenches within Syteline
• Overview other purchasing actions and/or reports such as expediting, pull-ins, past due, IMADD (new items), ECN’s, etc. Purchase items to meet MRP for production and spare parts orders.
• Purchase items to meet MRP for production and spare parts orders.
• Maintain and review appropriate stocking levels (ROP/ROQ), item L/T’s and cost for purchased materials (assigned), while maintaining low inventory levels and maintaining high inventory turns.
• Achieve cost reduction and/or supplier alternatives.
• Maintain vendor performance metrics to resolve vendor quality issues, such as NCR’s, MRB/RTV, OTD, SCAR’s, audits, etc.
• Drive suppliers on lean manufacturing concept by setting up and operating a pull system environment (Kanban) or other VMI tools
• Help resolve purchasing problems with other departments (Accounting, Receiving, Production, Sales, Engineering, R&D, and Service) such as conformance to quality, designs, material scheduling, receiving, and pricing disputes.
• Anticipate and react to the changing conditions that require decisions, action and/or problem solving, that directly affects purchased material or items
• Analyzes daily report listing new parts & assemblies. Completes IMADD entry in system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ Degree – preferred, but not required
• At least 5 years of experience working in a purchasing function; manufacturing environment preferred
• APICS Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong Negotiations and Supplier Collaboration Skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and its use in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Lean concepts, tools and knowledge
• Background/Knowledge of Stocking Agreements
• Read & understand drawings/blueprints and other manufacturing standards
• Ability to react and respond to high volume emails (internally & externally), in a timely manner
• Capability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Office environment with some exposure to manufacturing activity. No strenuous physical work. Strict compliance with company safety policies.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to be able to fully participate in the applications process, please contact [email protected]